Welcome to Boston
The organizers of ICMRBS XXIX welcome you to beautiful, historic Boston. Everywhere in Boston you see the historic and modern joined in a beautiful waterside setting.
- 1630 Boston was founded by arrival of the Puritans.
- 1636 Harvard University is established across the Charles River and joined by MIT in 1861.
- 1773 The Boston Tea Party began the rebellion against British Imperial “taxation without representation.”
- 1775 American Revolution and Battle of Bunker Hill rage.
- 1800s Boston industry and culture grow and flourish.
- 1940s Purcell, Torrey, and Pound performed the first NMR experiments at MIT and Harvard.
- 1964 The first ICMRBS was held at the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in Cambridge.
- 2000 The “Big Dig” channels traffic underground, a park emerges above, and the harbor area is revitalized.
- 2020 ICMRBS returns to Boston.
Accommodations at the Conference Venue, Westin Copley Place
Commute by elevator from your hotel room to the conference. The conference sessions and accommodations will be at the Westin Copley Place. Located in the heart of Boston's Back Bay, historic sites, dining, shopping, Symphony Hall, and museums are within an easy stroll.
Guest rooms at the Westin are $249 for single or double per night plus tax.
Reserve your ICMRBS guest room online today.
A limited number of rooms are reserved for students at the rate of $199. These rooms must be shared with another student conference registrant (no single occupancy and no guests). The double occupancy rate is $199 per night plus tax. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to book a student room.
Government rate rooms are available at the prevailing per diem rate. Proof of government eligibility is required at check-in. Please contact email@example.com to receive special link for reserving government rate rooms.